Disasters occur when hazards and vulnerabilities meet – they are inevitable and they often occur with little or no warning in varying degrees and types – cyclones, severe storms, straight line winds, tornadoes, flooding etc. But not all disasters come in the form of storms or winds, sometimes broken water pipes, failed AC units and even rogue animals can ruin a business.
Disasters disrupt everything coming within their range, in more than one way – people, society, community and businesses. When disasters confront businesses, they disrupt and produce direct, indirect losses – psychological distress, additional debt burden, financial issues, job losses and they negatively impact their revenue.
It is a common misconception that insurance awards and government aids allow business owners to pick up the pieces after disasters but not all disasters are covered under them. So, if a business has to survive unforeseen events, then strategic, tactical and proactive planning is essential.
So, designing a Disaster Recovery (DR) plan is essential for a business to withstand the failures.
Here are the six top tips to prepare an impactful data disaster recovery plan for your business:
- Identify your most likely business risks and threats
- Ensure strong workforce continuity
- Determine your organization’s downtime tolerance limit for different set of applications
- Plan your backups and choose best online backup services
- Keep your disaster recovery plan updated
- Go for Cloud based disaster recovery plan
How MDSC1’s backup and recovery solutions help you protect your data?
We – MDSC1, are the Microsoft LAR/LSP/CSP and a Gold partner for more than 20 years. Our resilient “Backup-as-a-Service” helps to secure your applications’ data.
We help you safeguard your business applications, data or infrastructure from getting disrupted in the event of an outage. With us you get:
- Automated provisioning of backup files.
- Simple and full visibility of your data.
- Increased data availability with anytime-anywhere access.
- Cost efficient way of data storage and off-site location.
So, if you are looking for robust backup and recovery solutions, visit-https://blog.mdsc1.com/6-tips-prepare-powerful-data-disaster-recovery-plan/